Under direct supervision, provide support to the Head Men's Baseball Coach and the Baseball program through match coaching, player and team skill development and recruitment and retention of academically and athletically prepared students. Support activities of the baseball program within the rules and guidelines of the NJCAA, the Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference and the college.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach planning and conducting in season and off season team practice and conditioning programs.
- Assist the Head Coach and players during game play.
- Assist individual players in baseball skill development through skills training and weight and conditioning training.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new players to the program. This may include traveling to regional high school and club baseball events and baseball showcases.
- Assist in the scheduling of baseball practices and matches, including arranging transportation, driving a team vehicle, securing funds for travel, making travel arrangements, etc.
- An associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required. A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- One year of baseball coaching experience as a head or assistant coach at the college, high school, club or travel team levels is required. Collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Collegiate level playing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NJCAA/NCAA/NAIA rules and regulations is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills and positive role model for young adults is expected.
- Ability to work independently in an unstable and chaotic environment desired.
- Valid Class "D" driver's license required.