The Assistant Men’s Baseball Coach reports to the Head Baseball Coach and is responsible to assist in all phases of a competitive intercollegiate baseball program in compliance with NCAA, America East Conference and institutional rules and regulations.
- Effectively assist in coaching a competitive baseball program in a manner, which promotes sportsmanship among athletes, ensuring compliance with all NCAA conference, America East Conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Effectively assist in recruiting qualified student athletes to participate in the University’s athletic program, and effectively promote Bryant University academic and athletic programs to potential students.
- Ensure that players associated with the baseball program are eligible under NCAA and America East Conference regulations.
- Assist in developing and implementing clinic(s), summer camp(s), and on-campus tryouts.
- Effectively monitor student athlete academic progress; refer or counsel where appropriate, and motivate the athlete.
- Exemplify the University’s core values and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree and related collegiate baseball experience including successful recruiting, coaching and counseling student athletes. Demonstrated experience serving as a hitting coach required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are needed to motivate and supervise athletes and students.
- A thorough understanding of and experience with NCAA and America East Conference rules and regulations is critical.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential.
- Knowledge of related computer applications is important.
- The successful candidate must possess a valid driver’s license for travel, associated with the program, in both University and personal vehicles.