DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist to recruit student-athletes in accordance with NJCAA, Region IX and LCC rules and regulations including official and unofficial recruiting visits and admissions procedures.
- Support retention of student-athletes.
- Monitor and report academic progress of team members.
- Prepare and maintain gymnasium.
- Assist with practices.
- Attend and assist at all scheduled games and team events.
- Demonstrate sportsmanship at all times while serving as the assistant men’s baseball coach.
- Comply with all requirements of FERPA, Title IX, Clery, policies of the institution, the Colorado Community College System, and all local, state and federal laws while performing the required duties of the position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Men’s Head Baseball Coach.
- Experience playing baseball at a collegiate level.
- Ability to work varied schedule.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Disciplined to work productively with minimal supervision with a strong can-do attitude and an ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a positive manner with superiors, peers and students.
The State of Colorado and Lamar Community College believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado and Lamar Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them.