Assists with coaching duties for the Men's Basketball program, operating under NCAA bylaws. Assists the head coach with recruitment and training for athletic competition, and participates in the overall coordination of the program, as appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of potential student-athletes for the Men's Basketball program, in accordance with WCC and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Provides guidance and assistance to student-athletes on a range of personal issues, as required.
- Leads, monitors, and coordinates training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Provides day-to-day guidance, assistance, and support to other assistant coaches on coaching practices and techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- At least three years of Division I experience as a student-athlete and/or collegiate coaching experience or two years of an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Foster a cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in the area of sporting specialty.