The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach has the responsibility of assisting the Head Men’s Basketball Coach in all aspects of this NCAA Division I men’s basketball program, must have a proven record of success coaching at the collegiate level, and be able to adhere to all university, Big South Conference, and NCAA regulations.
- Motivate and inspire student-athletes to excel in the classroom and on the field.
- Successfully research, scout, evaluate and contact prospective student-athletes while operating within the scope of the department, Big South Conference and NCAA regulations at all times.
- Collaborate with other campus departments and university staff in designing comprehensive and positive official and unofficial student/parent visits.
- Coordinate in mailing and organizing recruiting communication while operating within the scope of the department, Big South Conference, and NCAA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, supervisory and administrative skills.
- Communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels
- Ability to teach the game of men’s basketball at a high level within a professional setting.
- Familiarity with video editing and match analysis software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, the internet and social media.
- Exercise independent and sound judgment when making decisions and solving problems.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.