The Assistant Coach will provide support to the Head Coach on the daily management and administration of all phases of the Division I Men’s Basketball program in accordance with all NCAA, SWAC and College regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with managing and directing the men’s basketball program.
- Assist with managing all aspects of the team including strength and conditioning, practicing, competing and scheduling.
- Assist with managing all operational, fiscal, and administrative activities for the program.
- Assist with evaluating and recruiting qualified student-athletes.
- Assist with monitoring class schedules, grades and student-athletes academic progress.
- Responsible for men’s basketball student-athlete retention.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, and at least one year of relevant experience are required.
- Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA, conference and college rules and regulations are required.
- Excellent knowledge of the techniques of the sport and excellent communication skills desired.
- College coaching and/or playing experience preferred.