The Assistant Coach assists the Head Men’s Basketball Coach in all aspects of the athletic sports program and the administration of programs to ensure success of student athletes. Teaches PED classes as required.
- Assists with scouting and recruiting for sports teams.
- Performs administrative duties assigned.
- Assists with coaching and teaching during team practices and competition.
- Plans and implements individual and team workouts and conditioning programs.
- Assist with game planning.
- Provides academic counseling to student athletes.
- Assists with summer camps and fundraising.
- Teaching PED classes as required.
- Fundamentals of the sport.
- NCAA rules and regulations.
- Physical condition and health.
- Coaching of athletic sports.
- Computer applications.
- Organizational skills.
- Communication, as applied to interaction with coworkers, students, administration, and the general public, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.