Mars Hill competes at the NCAA Division II level and is a member of the South Atlantic Conference. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to the academic success of the student-athletes in the program that leads to graduation through a positive collegiate experience. The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach and the Director of Athletics.
- Assist with essential daily tasks that are vital in running a successful NCAA Division II Athletic program.
- On and off-campus recruiting of quality prospective student-athletes.
- Attend and/or plan fundraising activities.
- Assist with practice planning and implementation.
- Game day responsibilities as directed by Head Coach.
- Organize and participate in community engagement activities.
- Monitor academic status and progress of student-athletes.
- Film review and preparation of scouting reports as directed by Head Coach.
- Applicants should have at least a bachelor’s degree with a successful coaching background in Men’s basketball.
- Strong communication, organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to produce and manage Men’s basketball programs are important.
- In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), MHU provides reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the organization or would change the essential functions of the job.
- Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to Human Resources.