Northern Oklahoma College Tonkawa is seeking an Assistant Coach to assist with the management, supervision, and coordination of said program that competes in the NJCAA Division II – Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference (OCAC). The Assistant Coach is primarily responsible for teaching, instructing and implementing skills and strategy. Additional occasional responsibilities could include recruiting, scheduling, facility maintenance, tracking student-athlete progress, and promote NOC student-athletes to university coaches.
- Assist the Head Coach with teaching, instructing and implementing sport specific skills and strategy in practice.
- Establish schedules and make travel arrangements.
- Monitor academic progress and supervise study halls of student-athletes.
- Assist with the collection and posting of individual and team statistics to the NJCAA website.
- Assist with facility maintenance and preparation for practice and games.
- Be available during posted office hours for members of said team and students
- Compliance Responsibilities: Assist the Head Coach to insure that NJCAA and College policies and mandated requirements are correctly interpreted and met, and that documentation is maintained per Athletic Department policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required and a willingness to work towards a Master’s degree.
- Successful candidate may also have part-time teaching duties based on qualifications.
- Coaching experience preferably on the college level. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and initiative, as well as the ability to perform within a dynamic team environment.
- Weekend and evening work will be required. Subject to satisfactory Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure, which includes a criminal background check.