Dakota State University is seeking candidates for an Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach. This is a 12 month, benefit eligible position. The purpose of this position is to support and enhance the direction of the Dakota State University Athletic Department and the Men’s Basketball program.
- The incumbent for this position must have the ability, technical skills, and proven knowledge to work with collegiate athletes.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both oral and written) are necessary.
- Must have ability to speak, read and write English fluently, read and teach sport plays and possess ability to coach, mentor and develop student athletes.
- One to three years of previous coaching and recruiting experience is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Significant evenings and weekends will be required.
- Significant travel for recruitment and games will be required.
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.