Responsible for assisting head coach with recruiting and teaching a team of student-athletes the skills of their sport; mentoring the athletes in academic and personal character development; and administrative responsibilities as assigned by the head coach, all within a Christian university environment.
- Serves as a representative of the University displaying courtesy, tact consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the HCU community and with the public.
- Assist head coach in planning and executing practice sessions.
- Work with student-athletes in developing skills of basketball.
- Assesses competitor performance.
- Helps to formulate workout sessions and game plans.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts which involves evaluating current and potential talent at high schools and junior colleges.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the sport.
- Knowledge of typical computer skills.
- Ability to motivate and deal effectively with people.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to pass the NCAA recruiting test.