This position reports to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and is responsible to assist with recruiting, game planning and all aspects of the Division I basketball program in compliance with all NCAA, America East Conference and institutional rules and regulations.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, effectively assisting in coaching a competitive basketball program in a manner, which promotes sportsmanship among athletes, ensuring compliance with all NCAA conference, NEC, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Effectively assisting in recruiting qualified student athletes to participate in the men’s athletic program, and effectively promoting Bryant University academic and athletic programs to potential students.
- Ensuring that players associated with the basketball program are eligible under NCAA and NEC regulations.
- Assisting the Head Coach in developing and implementing clinic(s), summer camp(s), and effectively monitoring student athlete academic progress.
- Referring or counseling where appropriate, and motivating the athlete.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to identify and recruit outstanding student-athletes is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential.
- Knowledge of related computer applications is important.
- A valid driver’s license is required for travel.