Cornell College, a residential liberal arts college, and a member of the Midwest Conference of the NCAA Division III located in Mount Vernon, IA, is seeking applications for an assistant men's basketball coach. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop student-athletes athletically and assist with their personal growth as young people.
- Recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Design and implement training as assigned by head coach.
- Home competition and equipment management.
- Travel planning for the team, as assigned by head coach.
- Administrative duties as assigned by head coach.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree is required; experience in coaching at the college level is preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a solid knowledge of the sport, be eager to learn and assist with all aspects of coaching, have strong people skills, be dedicated to enriching the experience of the student-athlete, and be committed to the development and success of the men's basketball program, and have knowledge and experience with NCAA rules and regulations.
- A valid driver's license is required.