The Office of Intercollegiate Athletics at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applicants for a full-time and permanent Assistant Men's Basketball Coach position to assist in all aspects of the IUP Basketball program at the Division II level and to create a quality student-athlete experience in academics, athletics, and community service.
- Assist in monitoring and encouraging academic progress and success of student athletes to ensure continuing eligibility to participate in NCAA competition and to graduate.
- Assist in game preparation (e.g., player conditioning, training, skill building, scouting other teams, and on deck coaching).
- Assist in player recruitment by maintaining contact with high school coaches to identify potential prospects, recommending schools to be visited, developing a recruiting schedule, and recommending students for recruitment and scholarships.
- Assist in coordination and participation in fund-raising activities in support of IUP's athletic program.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor's Degree and one year of coaching experience.
- One to three years of professional coaching or professional playing experience.
- Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
- Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).