The primary responsibilities of this position include pre and post-season conditioning, weight training, recruiting, team and travel supervision, and coaching the Men’s Basketball Team during both practices and games. The focus of the Western athletic department is on strong ethical and academic expectations, providing an education environment that helps build leadership and life skills, and offers athletes a positive athletic experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the day to day operations of the program.
- Assist with the training of athletes. Help with individual skills and team concepts.
- Assist with practices, home matches and tryouts, including Spring Semester.
- Assist with some out of town matches.
- Identification, assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Assist with supervision of academic progress. Help with Study Hall sessions.
- Assist with the planning of life-skills and community service projects. Provide supervision during all life skills and community service activities.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of summer camps.
- Basketball experience which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the concepts, techniques, principles, and strategies of the sport.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Associates degree.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, administrators and other members of the college community.