The Assistant Coach Men’s Basketball/SOAR Specialist will assist the Head Men’s Coach in all areas, which may include, but not limited to, coaching, teaching, training student athletes, the coordination of sports information, and general operation of the athletic department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the game and rules of basketball and be able to effectively communicate this knowledge to the team.
- Assist with instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of the sport of basketball.
- Assist with determining the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques for the Shelton State Men’s Basketball Team.
- Assist Head Men’s Basketball Coach in all areas of team management, including without limitation, coaching, instructing, scheduling, making travel arrangements, conducting practice, coaching games, and recruiting.
- Assist the Director of Student Success with the daily activities and events in SOAR.
- Create Leadership/Mentorship opportunities for all students.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Essential knowledge of National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules.
- Minimum of three years college coaching experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work weekdays, evenings, and holidays.