Reporting to the Head Men's Basketball Coach and Director of Athletics, this position leads all aspects in building a nationally competitive Division III men’s basketball program, including but not limited to: identifying and recruiting successful student-athletes, skill development during practices and games, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, building a positive and cohesive team culture, scouting, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, training and competition;
- Recruit student-athletes in accordance with all Centre College, Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations;
- Assist in directing all aspects of the program;
- Assist with the holistic development of men’s basketball student-athletes;
- Represent the program and the College to students, parents, alumni, and the general public;
- Assist in managing the daily operations and administration facets of the men’s basketball program – including but not limited to – court maintenance and set-up;
- Actively participate in department-wide fundraising initiatives;
- Assist in all duties as assigned by the Head Coach or the Director of Athletics;
- Will be assigned a secondary job duty by the Director of Athletics.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with previous collegiate playing experience required; previous collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- CPR, AED, and First-Aid certifications will be required once hired.
- This position is responsible for driving vehicles, specifically 15-passenger vans, therefore a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record is required.