The Assistant Men's Basketball Coach is a part-time position that reports to the Head Men's Basketball Coach. This role is responsible for assisting in the administration of the sport in the best interest of the college, in concurrence with the policies and regulations approved by the Board of Trustees and the practices and procedures of the college administration, as well as the Cascade Collegiate Conference and National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) rules and regulations.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assists in the management and direction of all aspects of the program.
- Assists with recruiting student-athletes by following University and NAIA policies and meets College goals for roster size.
- Assists in creating practice plans and executes accordingly.
- Assists in fundraising efforts and follows University and departmental policies.
- Assists in coordination team travel arrangements including reservation and operation of vehicles, lodging, and meals with the Director of Athletics.
- Assists in monitoring academic progress of student-athletes.
- Assists in public relations efforts of the program.
- Assists in coordination of team community service activities.
- Demonstrates interest in/aptitude for good sportsmanship, maintaining poise/self-control, teaching team to play hard yet fairly.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Coaching experience in a high school, club, or collegiate environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to travel 50-75% during the season.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.