Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in developing preliminary scheduling and season plan.
- Assists head coach in the supervision of volunteer coaches and student-athletes (academic, practice and games).
- Fosters sportsmanship and fair play.
- Assists in the coordination of practices and game and team travel.
- Abide by all standards, rules and regulations of the NJCAA and MCCAA.
- Conform to the administrative policies of the College and the Athletic Department, including but not limited to: Travel regulations, Scholarships & Purchase orders.
- Foster a positive image for the College and the Athletic Department.
- Promote and track student community service and academic performance as required by the Head Coach or Assistant Dean.
- Refer student-athletes to appropriate College resources when support needs are indicated.
- Engage in athletic program fund development.
- Associate Degree, credential, or equivalent credits from an accredited undergraduate institution is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education, Health Promotion, or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of experience serving as a coach in a college, high school or club setting required.
- College coaching experience preferred.
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified, or able to obtain certification within 30 days of employment.