Eastern Oregon University (EOU) is excited to announce that it is currently seeking nominations, applications, and expressions of interest for an Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach. The position of Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach is part-time .10 FTE, 5-Month position in the Athletics Department and reports directly to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach.
- Support the physical, emotional, social, and mental development of student-athletes through a robust system of care and support that produces quality student-athlete experiences.
- Support high standards for academic excellence, assisting in academic oversight.
- A competent pursuit of athletic excellence shown by competing for Cascade Conference titles and participating in NAIA postseason play by advancing to the national championships.
- Embrace the responsibility for equitable treatment and promotion of diversity, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Encourage department innovation for enhanced success, and cultivate a mindset for growth, professional development, work-life integration, and department financial vitality.
- Promote community engagement and student-athlete character development through respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship, and servant leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Four (4) years of experience as a collegiate basketball player and or basketball coaching experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations.
- First Aid/CPR Certified.
- Mental Health First Aid Training.
- Current and Valid Drivers license with a clean driving record.