The University of Southern Maine seeks applicants for the part-time, temporary position of Assistant Men’s Basketball Assistant Coach on the Gorham Campus.
Core Duties of this position include:
- Assist the head coach with all coaching duties; including planning and implementation of practice plans, scouting reports, game plans, and film breakdown as assigned by the head coach.
- Assist the head coach in developing, instructing, and teaching scholar-athletes fundamentals, technique, and strategy to motivate high level performance from individuals and, collectively, as a team.
- Assist with coordination of administrative operations such as compliance submissions and other required documentation, travel arrangements, equipment/supplies upkeep and orders, camp/clinic organization and implementation, community service, and fundraising as directed by the head coach.
- Assist with home and away game preparation and strategy, prepare for opponents, assist with team travel.
- Actively develop recruitment strategies, in accordance with NCAA bylaws, identify students to recruit and high schools to visit; provide recommendations to the head coach and carry out correspondence with prospective student athletes by mail, telephone, and e-mail
- Meeting recruits and parents during campus visits etc.
- Consistent compliance with NCAA and Little East Conference rules, and regulations.
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Pivotal experience in player development.
- Attention to detail.
- College level playing or coaching experience preferred.