The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach (Part-time) is responsible for supporting the Head Basketball Coach by coaching student athletes, recruiting, monitoring student athlete academic progress, scheduling, managing travel and scholarships and overseeing the discipline, conduct, and image of the student athlete.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is a professional coaching position, and all the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of affiliated national, regional, and state intercollegiate athletic associations, National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) the Alabama Community College Conference (ACCC) and the Reid State Technical College.
- Recruit quality prospective student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions. Participate in recruitment and designation of scholarship athletes.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations.
- Coach team members individually and in groups; and demonstrate game techniques. May manage a designated skill development area or group of positions (offense, defense, etc.)
- Develop and recommend game strategy and position assignments.
- Monitor the purchase of uniforms, equipment, and supplies, including accountability for expense control and administration of the sport’s budget.
- Coordinate with the Athletic Business Office the planning of recruiting and team travel.
- Participate in the selection and fitting of team equipment.
- Promote the athletic program and specific sport through community events, public speaking, fundraising, and marketing.
- An associate degree from a regionally accredited college in an appropriate area of specialization.
- One year of coaching experience at the high school level or above. Related coaching experience at the professional level can be substituted for the degree requirements.
- Prior experience in coaching basketball required.