The Professor of PE/ Assistant Men's Basketball Coach will be responsible to the Director of Athletics and the Head Men's Basketball Coach.
Bachelor's degree required. Experience as a college basketball player or Assistant Coach in basketball. Sound background and knowledge of basketball coaching. Must be committed to excellence in instruction/coaching and willing to work. Must posses a valid driver's license.
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Men's Basketball Coach shall be, but not limited to, the following:
1) Assist Head Men's Basketball Coach with team workouts, team travel, recruiting, and scheduling;
2) To provide academic counseling and advisement for all team players;
3) Supervise Study Hall;
4) Arrange for tutors in Learning Lab;
5) Conduct periodic grade checks;
6) Assist in dorm supervision and dining hall when needed providing there is no conflict with athletic activities;
7) Teach two sections of athletic techniques and weight training courses in the Fall and Spring semester;
8) Follow and abide by the NJCAA and WJCAC rules, guidelines, and/or policies.