Works under the direction of the head coach with the sub-varsity teams.
1. Assist head coach in team player tryouts and selection.
2. Participate in pre-season parent meetings and post-season awards programs.
3. Cooperate with AD and school staff as well as fellow coaches.
4. Coordinate and organize sub-varsity practice and game events.
5. Develop and provide training rules to AD.
6. Follow due process guidelines when disciplining athletes.
7. Conduct well organized practices.
8. Develop well organized practice plan by collaborating with fellow coaches.
9. Derive from the practice plan a well organized practice schedule to be distributed to athletes, parents, and athletic office.
10. Follow injury protocol.
11. Develop a team that appropriately displays the skills of the athletes.
12. Responsible for developing or adhering to a sound system of equipment accountability, including inventory, repair and replacement.
13. Well versed and knowledgeable in the sport.
14. Must follow KPS (Athletic Code of Conduct) and MHSAA policies and regulations.
15. Meet all deadlines for paperwork (i.e. rosters, physicals, officials ratings, etc.)
16. Exhibit enthusiasm towards athletes and display respect for entire program (i.e. officials, opponents, parents, schools, property, equipment, etc.)
17. Dress appropriately for games, practices, and other school/athletic functions.
18. Act as a role model, display respect, and model leadership skills.
19. Foster school spirit by promoting other sports, clubs, and co-curricular activities.
20. Maintain fair, consistent, understanding and tolerant relationships with athletes.
21. Maintain composure and conduct during practice and games.
22. All other duties assigned.
2. Completion of a course in the prevention of athletic injuries, or agreeable to complete the class before the start of the second season coaching.
3. Current first aid and CPR training or willing to complete CPR training before the second season.
4. Complete CAP 1 and CAP 2 before the end of the second season.
1. BS or BA degree with a minimum of two years successful teaching experience.
2. Valid Michigan teaching certificate.
3. Prior demonstrated ability to provide positive leadership for coaches and athletes, and to serve as a positive role model in all aspects of the coaching profession.
4. Experience in a multi-cultural urban school district.
5. Successful prior participation in the sport at either the high school, college or professional level.