The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach reports to the Head Coach. Responsibilities include: assisting with organizational duties and the development of training and practice schedules; teaching, evaluating and refining sport specific skill development for student-athletes; and recruitment of qualified student-athletes within university and NCAA guidelines.
1. Baccalaureate degree required.
2. Prior experience coaching Men’s Basketball at the collegiate or high school level and/or competitive personal playing experience.
3. Minimum of 2 years of Men’s Basketball coaching experience.
4. Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations a plus.
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Must have a First Aid and CPR certification or obtain them during the 90 day Introductory Period. National Red Cross Certification preferred.
7. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university’s Motor Vehicle policy. A MVC check will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the MVC check.
8. Must be willing to travel and be available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as required.
9. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Preferred Qualifications: Hours Worked Posting Date: 07/10/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants: Application Types Accepted: Application for Employment