Reporting to the Head Men’s Cross Country Coach, the Assistant Coach assists in developing a Division I competitive Men’s Cross Country program. The primary function of the Assistant Coach will be to teach student-athletes the sport of Men’s Cross Country.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at least two years of previous cross country experience as a collegiate coach and/or collegiate student-athlete.
- Experience administering Division I NCAA rules.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Software including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to assist with budgeting, scheduling, meal planning, coaching, recruiting, scouting, and purchasing and caring for equipment.
- Ability to implement policies and guidelines for all Men’s Cross Country personnel and student-athletes.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, strong leadership, and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize diverse tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work a highly variable schedule including nights and weekends.