Assist the Head Football Coach with all phases of a competitive intercollegiate football program. Responsible for developing and coordinating the football recruiting program annually. Understand the role of Division III Athletics in the educational process and recruit quality student-athletes who reflect and represent the quality of Elmhurst College.
Salary Grade A09 Essential Functions
1. Assist the Head Football Coach with all phases of a competitive Division III program.
2. Work independently in assigned area/position.
3. Work with the Assistant Director of Athletics to ensure all student-athletes meet applicable eligibility requirements and prepare all necessary documents for participation in a timely manner.
4. Assist in tracking academic progress of football student-athletes.
5. Assist in the development and execution of practice and game plans.
6. Satisfactorily pass the NCAA Division III Coaches Certification test.
7. Assist in recruiting and assigned an area from which to produce commitments to the institution.
8. Assist in program and department fundraising and community engagement and service initiatives.
9. Assist in conducting and directing instructional camps/clinics for youth and potential recruits.
10. Work with Sports Information Director on providing program information and statistics to media and fans via various platforms including press release, press conferences, social media, etc.
11. Assist in the development of and actively participate in a plan to enhance public relations for the football program.
12. Maintain positive public relations with the community through assorted, visible, acts of volunteerism.
13. Attend and participate in all athletic staff meetings as determined by the Director of Athletics.
14. Endorse and support other areas within the Division of Student Affairs staff including attendance of meetings and service on committees.
15. Endorse and support other sports within the Athletic Department and other duties as outlined by the Director of Athletics.
16. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
17. Support mission, vision and values.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach and/or the Director of Athletics.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Prior successful high school or college coaching/recruiting experience; preferably at the Division III level; with a familiarity of the CCIW and greater Chicagoland area.
3. Strong background in all aspects of football.
4. Strong leadership skills.
5. Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
6. Sense of organization and self-motivation.
7. Strong recruiting abilities, with a commitment to academic excellence.
8. High level of integrity.
9. Strong public relations and promotional skills.
10. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Preferred Qualifications Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object.
Work Hours Posting Date 01/07/2020 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide contact information for three references in the required “Other” document. Elmhurst offers 66 undergraduate majors, 16 graduate programs, evening and online programs for adults, and the Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with differing abilities. Elmhurst College is among the top-ranked colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst College is an EO Employer. Elmhurst College prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.