The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics Department is seeking a qualified Assistant Golf Coach. This position will report directly to the Head Golf Coach. This position assists the Head Golf Coach in directing all activities of the Golf Program within NCAA, Sun Belt Conference, and UL Lafayette Policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, public relations, interpersonal, customer service, and supervisory skills when working with student-athletes, faculty, staff, coaches, and administration.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; commitment to working with multi-cultural populations.
- Have strong work ethic and be a person of high integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and Institutional rules as they apply to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics program.
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s preferred) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience coaching/competing at a college level or comparable experience preferred.
- Successfully recruit, retain, develop, and graduate high performing Golf Student-Athletes.
- Assist with preparation, organization, design, and implementation of effective practice schedules, off-season programs, and game coaching.
- Effective Community engagement, donor, and public relations.
- Consistent compliance with NCAA and Sun Belt Conference rules, and regulations.
- Monitor student-athlete's academic progress.
- Other duties as assigned.