The Iowa State University Athletics Department is accepting applications for an Assistant Men’s Golf Coach to assist the Head Coach with all phases of the NCAA Division I men’s golf program. This position will:
- Assist with planning practice sessions and competitive coaching situations;
- Identify and successfully recruit and retain academically qualified and athletically talented student-athletes;
- Effectively teach, mentor and coach to develop successful and well-rounded student-athletes;
- Help ensure academic progress and graduation;
- Contribute to and enhance a competitive athletic experience;
- Assist with administrative and tournament management duties;
- Establish and maintain an environment conducive to the health and well-being and academic success of the student-athletes;
- Establish and maintain effective interactions with students, colleagues, university staff and administrators, alumni, media and the public.
- High level collegiate golf experience as a player and coach.
- Professional golf experience as a tour player, coach, caddie, or administrator.
- Experience coaching and developing golf athletes in college, professional, or elite amateur.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit highly skilled student-athletes or strong recruiting connections.