Under the direction of the Head Golf Coach, the Assistant Golf Coach should model and maintain an exemplary student-athlete concept and the personal development of a student athlete who's on and off the court/field behavior reflects favorably upon the Our Lady of the Lake community in general and the athletics program in particular.
- Responsible for providing coaching, scouting of opponents, recruiting, and administrative assistance to the Head Coach in all areas of the Golf program.
- Monitors academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes.
- Participates in public relations activities and fundraising.
- Advise student-athletes regarding rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary, personal matters while adhering to FERPA guidelines.
- Coordinates and assist administration with home and visiting team's game day activities (schedule practices, setup and breakdown of equipment, personnel, field set up, etc.).
- Works with Sports Information Director to communicate the accomplishments and endeavors of the team, both individuals and as a whole.
- Submits transportation requests and required travel documentation to the Athletic Director as required.
- Assists in special events and tournaments, championships, fundraisers, and/or clinics to include, but not limited to, major fundraisers, camps, and/or clinics.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours, including weekend and evening hours.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamentals, technical aspects, and strategy for assigned sport.
- Ability to recruit and retain qualified athletes and to facilitate timely progress toward graduation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn, apply and adhere to NAIA rules and regulations.
- Ability to interact well with officials, coaches, parents, media, and the public.
- Ability to operate the golf program within budget parameters.
- Ability to work with students of all faiths and mentor student-athletes.