The Part-Time Temporary Assistant Golf Coach is responsible for assisting in planning and administering all aspects of the Golf Program as assigned. Under the direction of the Head Golf Coach, the Assistant Golf Coach should model and maintain an exemplary student-athlete concept and the personal development of a student athlete who's on and off the court/field behavior reflects favorably upon the Our Lady of the Lake community in general and the athletics program in particular.
- Responsible for providing coaching, scouting of opponents, recruiting, and administrative assistance to the Head Coach in all areas of the Golf program.
- Monitors academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes.
- Participates in public relations activities and fundraising.
- Advise student-athletes regarding rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary, personal matters while adhering to FERPA guidelines.
- Coordinates and assist administration with home and visiting team's game day activities (schedule practices, setup and breakdown of equipment, personnel, field set up, etc.).
- Works with Sports Information Director to communicate the accomplishments and endeavors of the team, both individuals and as a whole.
- Submits transportation requests and required travel documentation to the Athletic Director as required.
- Assists in special events and tournaments, championships, fundraisers, and/or clinics to include, but not limited to, major fundraisers, camps, and/or clinics.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- A minimum of three years of coaching experience, preferably in a college or university setting, with at least one year of experience coaching the assigned sport is required.