Mercyhurst University, an NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic Hockey Association (AHA) invites applications for the position of Assistant Men’s Ice Hockey Coach. Under the supervision of the Head Men's Hockey Coach, the Assistant Men's Hockey Coach will provide support and assistance with all aspects of the intercollegiate Men's Hockey program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBIITIES:
- Ensure that all relevant Mercyhurst University, AHA, and NCAA rules and regulations are followed. Including, but not limited to: student-athlete eligibility, recruiting, scheduling and academic progress.
- Monitors compliance with Mercyhurst University, AHA, and NCAA rules regarding student athletes and sport related staff.
- In cooperation with the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach develops and maintains a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with junior, prep school and area high school coaches and parents to recruit quality student athletes to Mercyhurst University.
- Works in conjunction with the Head Coach to encourage the development of psychological, social, and mental skills necessary for the student athletes to be successful in the classroom, on the rink, and in future endeavors.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum of two years in either professional Men's Hockey or coaching intercollegiate or junior hockey required;
- Experience competing at the collegiate level is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations