The assistant coach will assist with all aspects of an NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey program. This includes scouting, recruiting, coordinating travel, managing budgets, planning and conducting training sessions, meet-day responsibilities, working with other members of the athletic department, community outreach, and other duties as assigned by the head men’s ice hockey coach.
- High level college coaching experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and a record of compliance.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- 4 years of men’s ice hockey experience at the Division 1 NCAA level.
- An established applicable recruiting network.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, QuickTime, iMovie.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to create and provide analysis using video or data.
LIU s an equal opportunity employer. LIU is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. LIU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.