Trinity College in Hartford CT, a NCAA Division III liberal arts and science college in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is seeking to fill a full-time assistant coach position for our Men’s Ice Hockey program. The candidate will be expected to help the program continue to grow and build upon the program’s 2015 NCAA national championship and 6 NESCAC titles.
- Assist the head coach in leading and organizing all facets of a NCAA men’s ice hockey program; knowledge of and adherence to NESCAC and NCAA rules; recruiting, practice planning and execution; equipment maintenance; teaching responsibilities and mentoring student-athletes.
- Help promote and facilitate the College and Athletic Department’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- Administrative duties within the Department.
- This position also requires both early morning and weekend availability throughout the academic year.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven successful college ice hockey coaching experience and/or college ice hockey experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and advanced social media skills.
- Candidate should be considering a career in college coaching.