The MCLA (Mass. College of Liberal Arts) ice hockey program is seeking a highly motivated and experienced assistant coach. The assistant coach will work closely with the head coach in all aspects of the program, including practice planning and implementation, game preparation, scouting, recruiting, and player development.
- Assist the head coach in all aspects of the program.
- Plan and implement effective and challenging practices.
- Assist with game preparation, including scouting opponents, video breakdown, and developing game plans.
- Assist with recruiting efforts, including identifying and evaluating potential student-athletes.
- Monitor and support the academic progress and well-being of student-athletes.
- Assist with the organization and execution of team events and community service initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Bachelor's degree required at time of application.
- Minimum of 2-3 years coaching or playing experience at either ACHA or NCAA.
- Strong knowledge of NCAA Division III men's ice hockey rules and regulations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to recruit and retain quality student-athletes.
- Commitment to the academic and personal success of student-athletes.
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any education program or activity that they operate, which extends to admission and employment at MCLA. MCLA is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 ("Title IX") to not discriminate in such a manner.