Trinity College in Hartford CT, an NCAA Division III, liberal arts and science college in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is seeking to fill a full-time assistant coach position for our Men’s Ice Hockey program. Candidate will be expected to help the program continue to grow and build upon the program’s success.
- Assisting the head coach in leading and organizing all facets of a varsity hockey program.
- Knowledge of and adherence to NESCAC and NCAA rules, recruiting, practice planning and execution, equipment maintenance, teaching responsibilities and mentoring student-athletes.
- The assistant coach will be expected to help promote and facilitate the College and Athletic Department’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- The assistant coach will have administrative duties within the Department.
- This position requires both early morning and weekend availability throughout the academic year.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Equivalent education, training or proven successful college hockey coaching experience and/or college or professional hockey experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and advanced social media skills.
- Candidate should be considering a career in college coaching.