The Assistant Men’s Ice Hockey Coach and Head Athletic Performance Coach will assist the Head Ice Hockey Coach with all duties of successfully operating our men’s ice hockey program, including but not limited to recruiting student-athletes, assisting with training sessions/game preparation/game-day coaching, monitoring the student-athletes academically and managing game day operations.
- Recruit student-athletes compatible with Lawrence University’s mission and the specific goals of the men’s ice hockey program.
- Assist in advising student-athletes and staff of applicable NCAA, NCHA, and ice hockey specific rules, regulations, and University policies and ensure compliance of such regulations.
- Assist the Head Coach in the review of practice and game video.
- Monitor student-athlete academic performance and implement team, Athletics department, and University measures to support their academic performance.
- Communicate with the student-athletes about academics and other matters pertaining to their enrollment and educational progress.
- Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities.
- Cooperate with the University Athletic Trainers to ensure student-athletes receive proper medical and physical training services.
- Successful collegiate coaching/playing experience.
- Past strength and conditioning experience.
- Ability to recruit qualified student- athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in health, exercise science or a related field is preferred.