The Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach reports to the Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach. The Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach will be responsible for supporting the efforts of the men’s lacrosse program and working to assist the Head Coach in performing all duties in compliance with all NCAA, Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference and Earlham College rules and regulations.
- Meet annual recruitment goals established by the Director of Athletics and Head Coach.
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist the head coaches in planning and executing prospective student-athlete visits to campus and with off-campus contacts with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist head coach in generating and responding to prospective student-athlete contacts generated throughout the year. These include coaches’ mailings, attendance at tournaments and showcases, observing team camps, recruiting services, and admissions contacts.
- Establish and maintain recruiting database for recruiting utilizing the software program designated by the Department of Athletics.
- Utilize a variety of communication platforms to recruit prospective student-athletes (e.g., phone calls; texts; social media; emails; etc.).
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous collegiate playing and/or coaching experience and/or success as a head coach at the high school level.
- The ability to demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA Division III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college.
- A current and valid driver’s license is required.
- Be a positive example and resource to all Earlham Students.