The Assistant Coach of Men’s Lacrosse is responsible for assisting in the direction of the men’s lacrosse program according to the rules and policies of Saint Vincent College and the NCAA. The assistant men’s lacrosse coach assists the head coach in directing and managing a varsity intercollegiate sport program at the College and, in general terms, assists in practice and game preparation as well as recruiting, retention and program administration within that program.
- A Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior playing experience or prior coaching experience.
- Current certification in first aid, CPR and AED.
- Assists in promoting the intercollegiate programs of the College. Is thoroughly familiar with eligibility rules and abides by them. Promotes a high standard of athletics based upon the athletic and academic philosophy of Saint Vincent College, the Presidents’ Athletic Conference and the NCAA.
- Assists in the determination of fiscal requirements and maintaining fiscal responsibilities in controlling program expenditures. Assists in monitoring expenditures of the budgeted funds. Assists in managing equipment needs and inventory for the program.
- Recruits academically qualified student athletes for admission to the College with adherence to admission policies and procedures. Identifies and evaluates prospective student athletes through attendance at contests, tournaments, camps and clinics. Additional resources for identification and evaluations of prospects should be utilized, including video/film, social media outlets, recruiting websites and the College’s in-house recruiting system. Prospective student athlete evaluations will continue throughout the academic year and during break periods, as recruiting is a year-round process.
- Updates and monitors prospective student athlete’s admission status and communication interactions through the College’s in-house admission reporting system, throughout the year and during break periods.