Under the direct supervision of the Head Men's Lacrosse Coach, works to assist, oversee, instruct, and implement the strategies, goals, and philosophy of the Capital Men's Lacrosse Program. Will assist the Head Coach with all aspects of recruitment and preparation for athletic competition and as a representative of the university, will act in a manner that supports and encourages both the University and athletic department mission statements.
- Recruiting - Evaluate and recruit student athletes that fit the Capital profile by attending showcases, tournaments, and high school events. Assist in scheduling, coordinating and conduct on campus visits. Work collaboratively with the Office of Administration and Financial Aid to effectively recruit new student-athletes.
- Leadership - Communicate skillfully with colleagues, subordinates, and student-athletes. Be a positive role model for our student-athletes. Represent the University and program with a high degree of professionalism, sportsmanship, and integrity.
- Training Sessions - Assists in organization, preparation, and implementation of appropriate training and practice sessions.
- Academic Success - Assist our student-athletes with their academic-progress as assigned by the head coach.
- NCAA Rules/Compliance - Always adhere to OAC and NCAA Rules.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous collegiate playing or coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment methods and techniques.
- Ability to lead, guide, and be a positive role model for student-athletes.
- Ability to follow directions, be organized, and carry out assignments effectively.
- Understanding of NCAA Division III, Ohio Athletic Conference, and Capital University rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Ability to work with recruiting database system.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment.