Reporting to the Director of Athletics and Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach, this position is responsible for assisting in all facets of our Men’s Lacrosse program. Duties include recruitment and development of student-athletes. Additionally, candidates will be involved with scheduling, budget management, equipment ordering, inventory, and public relations. This is an 8-month, temporary, non-benefitted exempt position.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- A demonstrated background as a student-athlete and/or coach in intercollegiate men’s lacrosse.
- Ability to articulate, promote and work effectively within the academic and athletic standards of Roanoke College.
- Ability to articulate, promote and work effectively within the NCAA Division III philosophy.
- A working knowledge of NCAA and ODAC rules.
- Applicants must be able to complete the I-9 form at the time of hire.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with extensive travel.
Roanoke College is a nationally ranked residential liberal arts college affiliated with the Lutheran Church (ELCA), located in the beautiful Roanoke Valley of Virginia. A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Roanoke College is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its faculty, staff, and students; women and members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.