Responsible for on-field coaching and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I men's lacrosse program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference.
- Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events.
- Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate Departmental personnel.
- Be responsible to identify, cultivate, and assess for a specific geographical area or position group.
- Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty.
- Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications (maintained throughout employment).
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community.