The Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach reports to the Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach and is responsible to assist with recruiting, game planning and all aspects of the Division I lacrosse program in compliance with all NCAA, America East Athletic Conference and institutional rules and regulations.
- Effectively assist in coaching a competitive men’s lacrosse program in a manner, which promotes sportsmanship among athletes, ensuring compliance with all NCAA conference, America East Conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Effectively assist in recruiting qualified student athletes to participate in the University’s athletic program, and effectively promote Bryant University academic and athletic programs to potential students.
- Ensure that players associated with the program are eligible under NCAA and America East Conference regulations.
- Assist in developing and implementing clinic(s), summer camp(s), and on-campus tryouts.
- Effectively monitor student athlete academic progress; refer or counsel where appropriate, and motivate the athlete.
- Exemplify the University’s core values and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position is best filled by an individual who has experience in the sport of lacrosse.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to identify and recruit outstanding student-athletes is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential.
- Knowledge of related computer applications and video editing technology is important.
- A valid driver’s license is required for travel.
- This position has non-standard hours and requires the ability to travel with a substantial time commitment.
- This position is subject to the completion of a criminal background check and division of motor vehicles check.