The Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coaching Instructor works under the Head Men’s Lacrosse Coaching Instructor providing support for the organization of the program and implantation of game and practice plans. This includes, but not limited to communication with athletes, preparation of facilities, distribution of equipment and care of equipment, scouting opponents, and film breakdown.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in organization, administration and coaching of the men’s lacrosse program according to the administrative policies of the department.
- Assist in organization of practices, and travel arrangements as directed by the head coach.
- Assist with recruiting efforts on and off campus inclusive of attendance at recruiting fairs, showcases and games, placing phone calls to recruits, and coordinate campus visits.
- Assist in the development of student-athletes athletically and academically.
- Responsible for adhering to a system of budget management and accountability.
- Follow all University, Ohio Athletic Conference and NCAA policies and regulations.
- Meet all deadlines for paperwork (i.e. rosters, physicals, official’s ratings, etc.).
- Exhibit enthusiasm towards athletes and display respect for the entire program (i.e. officials, opponents, parents, schools, property, equipment, etc.).
- Dress appropriately and professionally for games, practices, recruit/family visits and other school/athletic functions.
- Foster school spirit by promoting other sports.
- Knowledge of coaching lacrosse on a collegiate level to enhance the development of the student athletes in each program.
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner with students, staff, parents and alumni.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.