As an Assistant Coach for NJIT's intercollegiate men's lacrosse team, this function finds the incumbent responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the proper and overall management of the lacrosse program.
- Assists in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training and competition.
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of prospective student-athletes for the intercollegiate lacrosse program, in accordance with NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Provides guidance and assistance to student-athletes on a range of personal issues, as required.
- Leads, monitors and coordinates training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Assist with contest scheduling.
- Assist in managing the operating budget.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related Administrative, Business, Liberal Arts or Social Sciences discipline required.
- Five years collegiate coaching experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students required.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sport and its playing rule.
- Must possess the ability to foster a cooperative environment.