The Assistant Men's Soccer Coach is responsible for aiding the Head Coach in administering a competitive NCAA Division III intercollegiate program. This hands-on position provides support to an increasingly diverse Bates College community utilizing excellent customer service skills. This position supports the development of student-athletes through mentorship, guidance, leadership opportunities, community building, and a commitment to social justice.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships. Must be flexible, collaborative, and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with students and their families, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Knowledgeable about the skills and tactics of the sport.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in basic data management systems, Front Rush, game film editing programs, and basic computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel (by car, air, train, or bus) domestically and internationally as needed.