West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses, is seeking a selfmotivated and driven Assistant Men's Soccer Coach for the new WVU Beckley campus. This position will report to the WVU Tech Athletic Director.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a NAIA Division I or NCAA Division II Men's Soccer Program.
- Coach the junior varsity/club teams.
- Coach on the field in area assigned by the head coach.
- Assist in preparing for competition.
- Assist in evaluating talent in current and prospective student-athletes.
- Assist in organizing and conducting a strength and conditioning program.
- Assist in organizing team meetings, student halls, and workouts etc.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two (2) years of collegiate soccer performance experience. One (1) year of successful soccer coaching experience.
- Ability to work positively with administration, department staff, faculty, students and director of athletics.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.