- Assists the Head Coach in preparing the men’s soccer team to compete for Big South and NCAA Division I championships.
- Assists in the daily preparation and coordination of team practices, with a focus on a championship culture.
- Manages data analytics to assist coaching staff with opponent scouting and produces scouting reports for the team.
- Assists with the development of strategic game plans, including defense and offense.
- Helps to create an enhanced learning environment for diversity, equity and inclusion. Inspires and motivates student athletes to succeed academically, athletically and professionally.
- Works closely with athletic trainers, academic and student services, and athletic performance staff to monitor the overall progress of student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Expert knowledge of soccer, including offensive and defensive strategies, and coaching techniques.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and Big South Conference rules and regulations and the ability to apply them.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate and teach sport-specific skills.
- Ability to maintain high ethical and moral standards, cultivate an encouraging and inclusive environment, and inspire and motivate student athletes academically, athletically and professionally.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel as needed.