The University of Mount Union is seeking an assistant men’s soccer coach. This 10-month part-time position will be responsible for assisting the head coach in all aspects of the NCAA Division III collegiate varsity program. Must have a clear understanding of NCAA Division III rules and philosophy, a commitment to recruiting, developing and graduating quality student-athletes.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Manage, coordinate, and develop all aspects of a successful men’s soccer program including but not limited to: Recruiting and retaining student-athletes in accordance with NCAA, OAC and institutional rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Organizing, preparing and executing effective training and game plan strategies.
- Assist in managing successful daily operations of the men’s soccer program: budgeting, scheduling, travel arrangements, and game day organization.
- Monitoring student-athletes academic progress.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Coaching and/or relevant competitive experience required.
- Ability to identify and recruit student-athletes.
- High motivation with a capacity for independent work within the context of an intensely goal-oriented environment.
- Ability to successfully impart knowledge and motivate learning in student athletes.
- Strong ethical character, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Sport specific knowledge.
- Proficient with technology applications applicable to the position.