Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- On-field coaching during team and individual training/practice/workouts.
- Game day coaching, preparation, operations, and personnel management.
- Assist with practice planning, organization, and execution.
- Assist with travel preparation and logistics.
- Scout for and recruit quality student-athletes.
- Coordinate recruiting activities with the head coach and other assistant coaches.
- Assist in the implementation of the academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athlete's progress to ensure academic eligibility, and referral to appropriate University academic resources.
- Assist with team equipment and supplies inventory.
- Assist in field maintenance and upkeep.
Knowledge and Skills Considered Essential for Success:
- Must be self-motivated and team-oriented.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport.
- Knowledge of NAIA rules.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be willing and able to travel and work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to build positive and meaningful relationships with student-athletes, a network of coaches, alumni, vendors, and donors.
Bethel University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal laws.